I so appreciate this award from Joe at Thoughts From the Booth! Owning a movie theater is awesome, but being the only full-time employee means I don’t really blog all that often anymore. I do try to make the few posts as good as they possibly can be though. So I am very encouraged that my name appeared on his Liebster list. For those that don’t know, I’ve been a projectionist since October 2013 when we started Cinema Detroit, but Joe was one for three and a half years. As he notes on his About page, projecting movies does change the way you look at them. There’s a blog post in there somewhere, but that’s another story.
Let’s review the rules real quick…
- The bloggers who have been nominated must link back to the person who nominated them.
- Nominees must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them.
- Those nominated must choose eleven of their favorite bloggers who have less than 200 followers to answer their own set of questions. Don’t forget to notify them, leave a comment somewhere on their blog.
- When you are nominated, you cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
First my answers to Joe’s questions:
- What is your favorite movie that makes you feel like crap? What an interesting question! There are a lot of life-ruiners out there, but right at the moment it is Show People, because I’m not Marion Davies, nor am I anything like her.
- If you could have lunch with one person, alive or dead, who would it be? James Dyson, yes, the vacuum cleaner guy. He is a genius and he just wouldn’t give up.
- What is your ideal band line up? You have to have a singer, bassist, two guitarists, and a drummer. Oh, wow. Do I pick my favorites? Together they might not be a great lineup, because so much that is great about a band is the chemistry. I plead the 5th.
- Where is your home away from home? Cinema Detroit.
- What was your high school experience like? Or how is it going so far? Part of it was good, but mostly it wasn’t all that great.
- Are you an optimist or a pessimist? Optimist.
- What is your rainy day film? To Catch A Thief.
- Which film have you seen the most in your entire life? Casablanca. Gone With the Wind. Les felins. And honestly, Super Troopers.
- What is your ideal job? Other than what I’m doing, talk show host.
- Are you afraid of the future like I am? Less than I used to be. Every day a little less.
- Do you read? What is your favorite book? Unfortunately, not as much as I’d like to. I tend toward non-fiction because, for some reason, it’s less upsetting to me. My favorite novel is either The Beautiful Ruins, Pride and Prejudice, or The Big Sleep.
And now, in alpha order by blog name, my nominees…Some, like myself, have less than 200 followers. Others are blogs I only recently discovered. There are fewer than 11 listed though. This is an example of how well I follow rules, I guess. Please don’t freak out if you’re too busy or you’re just not into this…I love blog awards, but you don’t have to 🙂
And now my questions:
- St. Patrick’s Day was this week. What is your favorite film set in Ireland?
- What movie job would you like to try? Director, screenwriter, stuntperson, costumer….?
- Under what circumstances, if any, would you appear on a reality TV show?
- There’s a lot of mediocre sequels around, but are there any films that should have a sequel but don’t?
- Have you had any brushes with fame…where and who was the famous person?
- What is your favorite time of day?
- Who should play you in your biopic?
- Is there a book that has not been made into a movie that you think would be good?
- Sleepless night…do you get up and do something, stay still and try to relax, or….?
- Do you have a recurring dream?
- Fill in the blank: People would be surprised that I really like __________________.
6 thoughts on “Liebster’d! courtesy of Thoughts from the Booth”
Congrats on the award, P! Great answers and even better questions 🙂
Thanks Fernando! You can answer them if you want 😉
Thanks a lot Paula. I am one of those people who is not into these type of awards, but I do always appreciate when I get nominated for them!
I understand…it’s fine 🙂
Paula, I hope it’s not too late for me to post this, I’ve been so busy and I’m finally sitting down and taking some time to answer your questions! I hope to finally post it in a few minutes.
You’re not too late at all…looking forward to reading 🙂