How is that for a generic blog post title? The thing is, I’m pretty sure there are a lot of year-end “Best and Worst Lists” out there that I completely agree with, and chances are, you’ve probably already read those. So here is a little bit quirkier, non-standard list.
- Film that unintentionally emphasizes the importance of hand sanitizer Shame
- Movies I liked that prove I’m not too picky The Three Musketeers (2011). Cowboys and Aliens
- Sequel that prompted me to check out the first installment in the series Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
- 2011 movies I’ve haven’t seen yet but want to Moneyball. Young Adult. Drive. The Ides of March. Warrior. Melancholia. 50/50. The Guard
- 2011 movies I’m dying to see but couldn’t until 2012 (and still haven’t) A Dangerous Method. Haywire. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. The Artist. The Mill and The Cross.
- Possibly the hugest disappointment The Green Hornet. I still don’t know what happened there.
- My most anticipated movies of 2012 Wettest County (It’s about Prohibition. Tom Hardy and Jessica Chastain are in it, and the screenplay is by Nick Cave. I’ll be there.) The Dark Knight Rises. The Hobbit. The Woman in Black (if I can handle it). John Carter.
- Movie in which I totally identified with the main character to the point that people in theatre were staring as I laughed and cried my way through it Bridesmaids
- First Woody Allen movie I’ve really, really liked in years Midnight in Paris
- Extraordinarily gorgeous movie I saw three times in the theatre Jane Eyre (2011)
So…what are some of your quirkier likes and dislikes of 2011?