First I need to apologize to Fernando of Committed to Celluloid because it has taken me so long to complete this. He tagged me in his post (check it out) a while ago, and as much as I love these “getting to know you” posts, and I do very much, this is the first chance I’ve had to answer his questions. The rules of this game are similar to the Liebster, with a couple variations.
- Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
- They must also answer the 11 questions the ‘tagger’ has set for them.
- They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
- They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
- These lucky bloggers must then be told.
- There are no tag backs. ;)
11 (random, mostly movie-related) things about me:
- I create the banners for this blog based on astrology. I choose Old Hollywood or contemporary actors or actresses for each sun sign. At the moment it’s contemporary Scorpio actors; the previous one was Old Hollywood Virgo actresses.
- So far, my Best Movies of 2012 list includes Looper, Argo, and Skyfall.
- I have at least 15 books on my “To Read” list, but I don’t know when I’ll get to reading them, or even adding them to shelves on goodreads.
- I’m very pleased that my favorite color, green, has made a fashion comeback and I can stock up. It doesn’t happen that often.
- Insomnia is my blessing and my curse.
- My DVR is constantly at 90% or more capacity and I often have to choose between deleting a movie I haven’t seen or not recording another.
- We got SiriusXM satellite radio in February, and it has changed our lives. No more morning shows, endless commercials, or people talking over the beginnings or endings of songs. True, channel 2 has a morning show, but there are over 150 other channels that don’t. For that, I even tolerate them putting Madison on TWO separate channels. Do I need SiriusXM? No, but I think it’s right up there with internet connection as the item I would miss the most. PS: To Ford Motor Company — Good job! Free samples really do work.
- My favorite bands that were new to me in 2012 are The Naked and Famous, Cults, Crystal Fighters, Myths, and Grimes.
- One of my favorite little things in life is finding a Where’s George? dollar bill.
- Courtesy of Moxie Reviews, I recently found out that super-value-priced cosmetics brands Milani and Pixi are cruelty-free. Wet n Wild is of course as well. For the vintage shopper, check out Bésame Cosmetics — I love the 1930s and ’40s formulations and cases.
- Daniel Craig is still my favorite James Bond, because he’s most like the Bond in the books. For a great analysis of the Bond books vs. movies, check out these two posts at Flix Chatter: Part 1 | Part 2
Questions from Fernando:
- Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter? Any of the above except Winter. I really should move.
- Fruit juice or fruit-flavored soda? Fruit juice. I try to stick with water and stay away from soda because it’s pretty harmful.
- Modern Family, Parks & Recreation or Community? I really don’t watch TV that much, but I’ll say Community cos I’ve seen three episodes of it and it was pretty funny.
- Britney or Christina? Forced to choose, I’d pick Christina. Otherwise, Adele.
- Luke or Owen or Andrew Wilson? Owen. Midnight In Paris, you all.
- Francis Ford or Sofia Coppola? Oh man, what a question. Both are geniuses, particularly with use of sound. If I choose FFC, I deny my love for The Virgin Suicides, Lost in Translation and Marie Antoinette. If I choose Sofia, I go against 40 years of film criticism, The Godfather films, The Conversation, and Peggy Sue Got Married. I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me….I’ll probably still step on some toes.
- Christmas or Halloween? I just slightly prefer Halloween. I think these two are the best holidays for movie fans though.
- Drama or comedy? Comedy. Drama affects me too much.
- Dogs or cats? Both. We had both until a few weeks ago.
- Digital media or print media? Both. I design both.
- Beatles or Stones? The Beatles.
And now….my 11 questions (with apologies to Bernard Pivot):
- What is your favorite winter-holiday-related movie? Do you go traditional (It’s A Wonderful Life), alternative (Die Hard) or both?
- James Bond or Jason Bourne?
- What prop from which movie do you wish you had?
- What film from this year really surprised you, in either plot or quality? (If none, name one from another year.)
- “The TV show I never miss is…”
- “_____________ is really overrated.”
- What film never fails to make you laugh?
- What film never fails to make you cry?
- What movie character are you most like?
- 3-D movies, bonus or bane?
- What occupation other than your own would you like to attempt?
As for the 11 bloggers…Like I said, I love getting-to-know-you posts but I know some people don’t. So instead of tagging 11 people, I am inviting anyone reading this to answer any or all of my questions in the comments.